- What is tinnitus?
- How many people have tinnitus?
- I have heard two different pronunciations. Which is correct?
- What causes tinnitus?
- My neighbor has tinnitus but says it doesn’t bother him. Mine drives me nuts. Why the difference?
- Can a one-time exposure to loud noise cause tinnitus?
- Does tinnitus cause depression?
- What makes tinnitus worse?
- What makes tinnitus better?
- What kind of tinnitus research is being done?
- Where can I find a health care professional to help me figure out the best treatment?
Take a breath:
- To make a super long story short, my peculiar T. situation is, after having it for one year, I am on this peculiar “schedule” where I have it for two days and then it’s off for two days!! Last summer, (June -August ’08), I went through a very severe depression (diagnosed as “major depressive disorder,”…couldn’t leave the house, lost 25 lbs., was in truly bad shape….not just a few sad, blue days”). I took different meds until they found the right “cocktail.” I am fine now, back to my ol’ self, and still take the meds. I have done tons of research and I am not taking any meds with T. as a side effect. We have tried to ween me off meds at various times in the last year but it doesn’t work….I need them. Family members have all had severe depression. I really think my brain shifted last summer, due to sister’s recent death, my choosing to take an early retirement in order to do my [edited to protect privacy] full-time, and overall long list of familial tragedies of late: loosing mother, sister, father, brother within last ten years. I am certain that my T. is a result of emotional/stressful trauma and NOT a result of music or loud sounds, as is so often discussed and focused on. You virtually never hear about T. being a result of “non-musical or sound” consequences!
- MY QUESTION FOR THE SHOW IS: HOW COULD I HAVE A 2 DAYS ON/2 DAYS OFF “TINNITUS SCHEDULE,” WHEN I DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING DIFFERENT OVER THE DAYS, NOR DO I TAKE DIFFERENT MEDS OR ALTERNATE PILL SCHEDULE?
- I eat very healthfully, take vitamins, exercise, and am in basically very good health. I have gone to dr. and have had hearing and an ABE test and everything is good. No hearing difficulty either. Sometimes I get a little tired when I have
T., but, learning from your TERRIFIC website, I think that when I THINK about the fact that I have the T., it can overwhelm me and THEN I get tired!Does all this make sense?
- Everything you are doing at CureTinnitus.org makes sense to me, but I just don’t seem to be able to get it into my schedule. I’m also having financial difficulties, so I can’t really see therapists much. I feel like I know what I need to do, but I feel stuck.
One on one session Dainis and Julian. Turned out to be about suppressed emotions, saying no, the difference between honesty and learning to “create” a healthy life. How do you answer when someone asks how you are and honestly, you’re actually not doing great? Do you lie, do you hem and haw, do you concentrate only on the positive things in your life while potentially neglecting the most important issues (that may be loooked at as “problems”)?
Exercise for everyone: Having a healthy space for one’s emotions. Saying no. Taking care of yourself in a deeply nourishing fashion.